Version 2.2.6 (February 20, 2014)
- New feature: the ability to copy from the list without closing Clipper.
- New feature: added Saturday as a start of week option.
- Bug fix: fixed an issue with the editor discard function.
- Other: added a shortcut to the tutorial in the settings.
- Other: added automatic restart after an app update.
- Translations: added French and Serbian translations.
- Translations: other updates.
Version 2.2.5 (February 9, 2014)
- Bug fix: fixed a sync issue.
- Bug fix: fixed compatibility with HP Android 4.3 devices.
- Translations: added Indonesian, small fixes.
- Other: updated support e-mail address.
Version 2.2.4 (January 23, 2014)
- Addition: added a bigger dragging handle for reordering
- Bug fix: fixed scrolling in the reordering screen
- Bug fix: fixed list position not being preserved after dropping a clipping or list in reordering
- Translations: tiny updates.
Version 2.2.3 (January 17, 2014)
- Additions: improvements to the reordering screen.
- Bug fix: fixed an issue with the shortcut notification sometimes displaying a blank screen.
- Bug fix: further Android 4.3 compatibility fixes for certain device manufacturers.
- Translations: added Arabic, Traditional & Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
- Translations: Russian fixes and improvements.
Version 2.2.2 (December 19, 2013)
- Fixed compatibility with some HTC devices running Android 4.3.
- Fixed clipboard contents not being restored after a reboot.
- Background service improvements.
- Sync: added enhanced error checking for Google Play Services.
Version 2.2.1 (December 15, 2013)
- Fixed an issue with initial synchronizations failing.
- Enhanced performance in initial synchronizations.
- Fixed an issue with transfer of large sync data.
- Improved sync state management.
- Fixed Google sign-in error messages.
- Fixed missing "share to Clipper" action.
Version 2.2.0 (December 14, 2013)Major new release. Introducing the next version of Clipper Sync.
- Clipper Sync 2.0 has been redesigned and engineered from the ground up to be more efficient.
- The sync web interface has been redesigned.
- Sync now provides the option to sign in with a Google account.
- Sync functionality is separated to the Clipper Sync Plugin app for added privacy.
- Import & Export now includes a built-in file browser and now ignores clippings that already exist on the local device.
- The search function has received bug fixes and design improvements.
- Clippings and lists can now be reordered using simple drag and drop.
- Design tweaks for Android 4.4, KitKat.
- All sorts of other new tweaks, fixes and additions.
Version 220.127.116.11 (July 27, 2013)
Added a temporary workaround for Android 4.3 incompatibilities.
Version 18.104.22.168 (April 24, 2013)
- New feature: added an option to disable the pause button
- Bug fix: fixed deletion without confirmation
Version 22.214.171.124 (April 16, 2013)
- New feature: added a "pause" button to the shortcut notification to temporarily disable collection (Android 4.1+)
- New feature: improved new clipping notifications (Android 4.1+)
- New feature: an option to disable the shortcut notification ticker
- Bug fix/new feature: localized the "day of week" substitution value
Version 126.96.36.199 (March 1, 2013)
- New feature: readded the timestamp and delete button to the viewer
- Bug fix: fixed unpinning
- Bug fix: fixed a crash
Version 188.8.131.52 (February 18, 2013)
- Bug fix: fixed a possible crash
Version 184.108.40.206 (February 16, 2013)
- Bug fix: fixed migration of 2.0 settings not occurring in some cases
Version 220.127.116.11 (February 16, 2013)Major new release. Introducing Clipper Sync, an online synchronization service for Clipper Plus users, a refined user interface and more.
- New feature: online synchronization
- New feature: user interface improvements and changes
- New feature: an app-wide dark theme
- Lots of bug fixes.
Version 18.104.22.168 (November 2, 2012)
- Bug fix: fixed a crash on startup on Android 3.x devices
Version 22.214.171.124 (November 2, 2012)
- New feature: a redesigned clipping editor
- New feature: expandable notifications on Android 4.1+
- New feature: iconless notifications on Android 4.1+
- New feature: added a dynamic substitution for seconds
- New feature: added a dynamic substitution for a 2-digit year number
- Bug fix: fixed a crash on startup
- Bug fix: whitespace and new lines are now preserved on copied clippings
- Bug fix: fixed the selection highlight color in the dark theme
Version 126.96.36.199 (July 5, 2012)
- New feature: adjustable font size
- Bug fix: fixed crashes on Android 4.1
- Bug fix: fixed a crash on import/export on Android 2.1
- Bug fix: fixed a crash when going up in the clipping editor
- Bug fix: fixed the back button's stack when entering Clipper from the notification
Version 188.8.131.52 (May 18, 2012)
- Bug fix: fixed crash issues
- Bug fix: added support for the hardware search button
- Bug fix: fixed a typo
Version 184.108.40.206 (May 17, 2012)
- User interface: performance improvements
- Bug fix: the "hide icon" option will now be reset if the user has updated to Android 3.0+
- Bug fix: action bar improvements on Android 3.2 and below
- Bug fix: the pin option is now hidden in non-clipboard list multiple selection modes
- Bug fix: fixed blank clippings appearing after clipboard clear on Samsung devices
- Bug fix: the clipping context menu is now disabled while in multiple selection mode
- Bug fix: fixed a possible crash in clipping lists
- Bug fix: prevent the creation of lists with blank names
Version 220.127.116.11 (March 19, 2012)
- Bug fix: fixed a complicated context menu bug that would cause invalid data to show up in different options
Version 18.104.22.168 (March 18, 2012)
- New feature: import & export
- New feature: search (Clipper Plus only)
- User interface: improved action bar on Android 3.2 and below
- User interface: clearing the clipboard list will now also clear the actual clipboard
- User interface: the shortcut notification will now display different text if the clipboard is empty
- User interface: the clipping editor will now resize to make space for the soft keyboard like previously
- User interface: confirmation prompts when deleting clippings (can be disabled in the preferences)
- User interface: Finnish translation
- User interface: better experience for new users
- User interface: replaced all references to the Android Market with Google Play
- Bug fix: the Clipper service no longer starts on boot if it's disabled
- Bug fix: list name being cut off in the tab indicator (phone UI)
- Bug fix: fixed blinking background inside preferences on Android 2.3 and below
- Bug fix: fixed the clipping counter's background on some pixel densities
- Other: more improvements in Clipper 1.x migration functionality
Version 22.214.171.124 (February 29, 2012)
- Bug fix: (Android 2.3 and below) context menus when using the "lights off" option now show text in the right color
- Bug fix: the clipping contents are now scrollable
- Bug fix: the copy option in the clipping context menu would go to the viewer if the default click action was set to view
- Other: improvements in Clipper 1.x migration functionality, including error reporting
Version 126.96.36.199 (February 28, 2012)
- User interface: added a preference to use dark theme in the main window
- User interface: made the clipboard counter at the bottom of the screen smaller
- User interface: added a preference to hide the clipboard counter completely
- User interface: added a preference to hide the clipboard contents from being shown in the shortcut notification
- User interface: added a missing "move" option to the context menu for clippings
- User interface: readded the "clear" button for the clipboard list
- Monitoring: readded the "no duplicates" preference for clipboard monitoring
- Bug fix: fixed two possible crashes in 2.3 and below devices
- Bug fix: added a missing xhdpi density icon
- Bug fix: fixed "remember sort option" preference
- Bug fix: fixed possible issues with the menu buttons not being updated in the main window
- Bug fix: pins and pin options are no longer shown in non-clipboard lists
Version 188.8.131.52 (February 26, 2012)
- Bug fix: viewer contents are now linkified again
Version 2.0 (February 26, 2012)
Major new release.
A complete redesign of Clipper with full support for Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich devices (phones and tablets).
Version 184.108.40.206.3 (December 31, 2011)
- Bug fix: fixed two rare crash bugs
Version 220.127.116.11.2 (November 11, 2011)
- Bug fix: fixed a crash in the preferences dialog
Version 18.104.22.168.1 (August 20, 2011)
- Other: the editor no longer trims whitespace
- Other: a confusing version number
Version 22.214.171.124 (August 2, 2011)
- Bug fix: fixed a bug in clipping to snippet conversion that would set the new snippet's timestamp to January 1970
- Bug fix: fixed a bug in the notification bar entry that would disable the system bar menu button on Honeycomb devices
- Other: improvements in search dialog
Version 126.96.36.199 (May 28, 2011)
- Bug fix: fixed a rare crash bug
- Bug fix: fix in the e-mail subscription dialog
- Bug fix: fixes for notifications on Gingerbread devices
Version 1.2.5 (February 16, 2011)
- New feature: added a "bulk selection" mode for clippings/snippets where they can be deleted or pinned
- New feature: zero-padded "day of month" and "month" substitutions (Plus only)
- Bug fix: fixed a crash when changing the font size preference with Finnish as the language
- Bug fix: fixed some missing Finnish translations
- Bug fix: the "hide notification icon" feature will now show white text on Samsung phones
- Other: disabled SD card installation
- Other: added button to preferences screen to go through the intro tutorial again
Version 1.2.4 (January 30, 2011)
- New feature: added two buttons for moving snippets up or down (requires sorting by position) in the snippet context menu
- New feature: reorganized notification preferences, other cleanup in the preferences dialog
- New feature: a "don't save duplicate clippings" preference
- New feature: a "hide Clipper icon" preference for notifications
- New feature: a "don't open Clipper on save" preference for manual save notifications (Plus only)
- New feature: added textual "Date & Time" substitutions (Plus only)
- New feature: added a "day of week" substitution (Plus only)
- New feature: an easier to access "add substitution" button in the Editor (Plus only)
- New feature: automatic migration of Clipper data to Clipper Plus (Plus only)
- Bug fix/other: the "by contents & by title" sort options are now case-insensitive
- Bug fix: added some checks for very obscure import/export bugs caused by long-time installations
- Bug fix: if the user sets a prune count that is too high, it will be reset to 1000
- Other: the "clear all clippings" confirmation prompt is now less confusing
- Other: fixes for Android 3.0 beta
- Other: internal refactoring
Version 188.8.131.52 (December 29, 2010)
Revision 2 (December 31, 2010)
- Bug fix: fixed string escaping for CSV export
- Bug fix: disabled "add substitution" menu item in the clipping editor
- Bug fix: added zero padding to
- New feature: substitution triggers for snippets, that allow dynamic values to be inserted to snippets when they are copied. For example, one could construct a timestamp with substitutions like
%MONTH%. (Plus only)
- New feature: more font sizes for clippings
- Bug fix: added support for receiving streams through the Android sharing system
- Bug fix: fixed scrolling in the search (Plus only) window
- Bug fix: fixed tab title updating in the main view
- Bug fix: removed an extra comma from the Finnish translation.
- Other: slight UI changes in the editor & search results dialog
- Other: removed request for internet permission, optional e-mail newsletter subscription is now done in a way that does not require it
- Other: support for Android 2.3 overscroll effect in lists
Version 1.2.3 (November 14, 2010)
- Bug fix: fixed crash in the search results dialog when trying to access a deleted entry
- New feature: pin toggle in the viewer, and a new pin icon
- New feature: a soft "Search" button in the options menu (Plus only)
- New feature: date/time picker in the editor
- New feature: a preference to choose the default tab when opening Clipper
- Internal refactoring
- Performance improvements
1.2.2 (November 3, 2010)
- Bug fix: fixed "migration process" designed to preserve old clippings from 1.1.x
- New feature: the font size adjustment in preferences will now also change the font size of the clipping list
- New feature: a completely redesigned import & export system internally, will automatically detect old imports and convert them before importing
- New feature: "Ask before saving" - show a notification that prompts the user to save a new clipping instead of storing it automatically (Plus only)
1.2.1 (October 31, 2010)
Primarily a bug fix release.
- Bug fix: pinned clippings converted to snippets will no longer show the pin icon in the list or the viewer
- Bug fix: the clipboard monitor/notification icon background service will no longer run if not necessary
- Other fixes: improvements in the import & export dialog
- Other fixes: improvements in the Finnish translation
- Other fixes: improvements in pruning
- New feature: added a "click action" preference to choose what happens when a clip is clicked
- New feature: added a counter to the Clipboard tab
1.2 (October 29, 2010)
Major new release. (Release announcement)
- Added a new clip type called the snippet. Snippets are like clippings, but they have titles, and are never automatically deleted. Thus, they are permanent clippings.
- Huge overhaul of main window, clipping viewer and clipping editor.
- Clipper integration with Android send menu
- Improvements to automatic pruning
- Improved import & export feature
- Improvements to clipboard monitor that improve stability
- Other internal changes
- Split into free and paid version
1.1.11 (September 25, 2010)
- Fixed a bug where extra whitespace in a new clipping would cause duplicates to appear
- Finnish translation
1.1.10 (September 9, 2010)
- Added word & character counter to the clipping dialog
- Improvements on the clipboard monitoring service: if it has been stopped unexpectedly, it will be restarted when resuming Clipper
- Added new notification messages
- Minor fixes in the about dialog.
1.1.9 (June 13, 2010)
- Fixed a bug where the selected sort option would not be remembered when resuming the application
- Fixed a bug where starting Clipper with an empty clipboard would still add a clipping
1.1.8 (June 5, 2010)
- Improved clipboard monitoring: clippings should no longer get duplicated
- The last sort option will now be remembered when going back to Clipper (can be disabled in the preferences)
- Tiny fixes on high-density notification icon
- Other small fixes for different device resolutions
1.1.7 (May 25, 2010)
- Android 2.2 SD card installation support
- UI improvements
- Redesigned notification icon by Suguru Nishioka
1.1.6 (May 19, 2010)
- Ability to turn off deletion confirmation prompts
1.1.5 (May 13, 2010)
- The user interface changes introduced in the previous version can now be turned off
1.1.4 (May 5, 2010)
- Clipping list changes: a single tap will now copy and exit, a long tap will show more options
1.1.3 (April 30, 2010)
- UI improvements
- New launcher icon
1.1.2 (April 23, 2010)
- Clippings can now be sent using any Android application that supports "sending"
- Fixed localization issues on clipping timestamps
- Import & export (CSV)
1.1.1 (April 14, 2010)
- Fixed bug that disabled clipboard monitor from working when the service was initialized on an empty history
1.1 (April 11, 2010)
- Sort function in the main view: sort clippings by different attributes
- Context menu now shows "View" and "Edit" buttons
- Destructive actions now prompt confirmation
- Clear function asks whether the user wants to preserve pinned clippings
- Clipboard monitoring service will start on phone boot (if Clipper has been enabled from the preferences)
- Minor bug fixes
- Internal tweaks
1.0.5 (March 30, 2010)
- Notifications are now ongoing
- Copy counter on clippings
- UI improvements
1.0.4 (March 27, 2010)
- Bug fixes
1.0.3 (March 26, 2010)
- Notifications: the user can select to have a persistent notification as a shortcut, or a notification when a new clipping has been logged
- UI improvements
1.0.2 (March 22, 2010)
- Support for Android 1.5
- UI improvements
1.0.1 (March 21, 2010)
- Added the ability to "pin" clippings
- When viewing a clipping, links etc. are now linkified
- Fixed bug that causes crash when using back button in edit mode
1.0 (March 20, 2010)