Version 2.4.0 (November 5, 2014)
Featuring Material Design: the new Android 5.0 design language.
Notification changes. The shortcut notification icon is now hidden by default. Better integration with Android 5.0.
Version 2.3.4 (October 22, 2014)
Smarter clipboard history. Existing clippings will now appear back on top of the list when copied again.
Added Polish translations.
Minor bug fixes and additions. Clippings shared into Clipper are now automatically copied. Tablet layout adjustments.
Version 2.3.3 (September 30, 2014)
Small bug and crash fixes.
Version 2.3.2 (September 25, 2014)
Fixed a crash issue on some Samsung devices.
Version 2.3.1 (September 24, 2014)
Added a font style setting. Fixed clipboard not being emptied after clearing. Fixed two crashes.
Version 2.3.0 (September 24, 2014)
Clipper 2.3 features a refined user interface, improved performance, bug fixes and much more!
Updated light and dark themes provide a new appearance and are the first step towards the upcoming Android "Material Design" update.
The updated viewer puts content first. Clipping contents take the spotlight, and a quick copy button is always on screen.
Automatic title creation lets you focus on typing clipping contents. Accept the automatic cut off title or replace it with your own.
The improved clipping merge interface lets you reorganize the selected clippings to the desired order before merging. You can also set a custom separator value.
New and revised translations including German for the first time.
Version 2.2.7 (March 17, 2014)
Customizable notification actions. Choose up to 3 actions to be shown on the Clipper notification. Add new actions such as quick access to Type Machine.
Improved clipping notifications. Perform a quick web search from a clipping's notification. Automatic timeout for notifications. Have a single notification for all new clippings, or a new notification for each.
Small bug fixes.
Version 2.2.6 (February 20, 2014)
- New feature: the ability to copy from the list without closing Clipper.
- New feature: added Saturday as a start of week option.
- Bug fix: fixed an issue with the editor discard function.
- Other: added a shortcut to the tutorial in the settings.
- Other: added automatic restart after an app update.
- Translations: added French and Serbian translations.
- Translations: other updates.
Version 2.2.5 (February 9, 2014)
- Bug fix: fixed a sync issue.
- Bug fix: fixed compatibility with HP Android 4.3 devices.
- Translations: added Indonesian, small fixes.
- Other: updated support e-mail address.
Version 2.2.4 (January 23, 2014)
- Addition: added a bigger dragging handle for reordering
- Bug fix: fixed scrolling in the reordering screen
- Bug fix: fixed list position not being preserved after dropping a clipping or list in reordering
- Translations: tiny updates.
Version 2.2.3 (January 17, 2014)
- Additions: improvements to the reordering screen.
- Bug fix: fixed an issue with the shortcut notification sometimes displaying a blank screen.
- Bug fix: further Android 4.3 compatibility fixes for certain device manufacturers.
- Translations: added Arabic, Traditional & Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
- Translations: Russian fixes and improvements.
Version 2.2.2 (December 19, 2013)
- Fixed compatibility with some HTC devices running Android 4.3.
- Fixed clipboard contents not being restored after a reboot.
- Background service improvements.
- Sync: added enhanced error checking for Google Play Services.
Version 2.2.1 (December 15, 2013)
- Fixed an issue with initial synchronizations failing.
- Enhanced performance in initial synchronizations.
- Fixed an issue with transfer of large sync data.
- Improved sync state management.
- Fixed Google sign-in error messages.
- Fixed missing "share to Clipper" action.
Version 2.2.0 (December 14, 2013)Major new release. Introducing the next version of Clipper Sync.
- Clipper Sync 2.0 has been redesigned and engineered from the ground up to be more efficient.
- The sync web interface has been redesigned.
- Sync now provides the option to sign in with a Google account.
- Sync functionality is separated to the Clipper Sync Plugin app for added privacy.
- Import & Export now includes a built-in file browser and now ignores clippings that already exist on the local device.
- The search function has received bug fixes and design improvements.
- Clippings and lists can now be reordered using simple drag and drop.
- Design tweaks for Android 4.4, KitKat.
- All sorts of other new tweaks, fixes and additions.
Version 126.96.36.199 (July 27, 2013)
Added a temporary workaround for Android 4.3 incompatibilities.
Version 188.8.131.52 (April 24, 2013)
- New feature: added an option to disable the pause button
- Bug fix: fixed deletion without confirmation
Version 184.108.40.206 (April 16, 2013)
- New feature: added a "pause" button to the shortcut notification to temporarily disable collection (Android 4.1+)
- New feature: improved new clipping notifications (Android 4.1+)
- New feature: an option to disable the shortcut notification ticker
- Bug fix/new feature: localized the "day of week" substitution value
Version 220.127.116.11 (March 1, 2013)
- New feature: readded the timestamp and delete button to the viewer
- Bug fix: fixed unpinning
- Bug fix: fixed a crash
Version 18.104.22.168 (February 18, 2013)
- Bug fix: fixed a possible crash
Version 22.214.171.124 (February 16, 2013)
- Bug fix: fixed migration of 2.0 settings not occurring in some cases
Version 126.96.36.199 (February 16, 2013)Major new release. Introducing Clipper Sync, an online synchronization service for Clipper Plus users, a refined user interface and more.
- New feature: online synchronization
- New feature: user interface improvements and changes
- New feature: an app-wide dark theme
- Lots of bug fixes.
Version 188.8.131.52 (November 2, 2012)
- Bug fix: fixed a crash on startup on Android 3.x devices
Version 184.108.40.206 (November 2, 2012)
- New feature: a redesigned clipping editor
- New feature: expandable notifications on Android 4.1+
- New feature: iconless notifications on Android 4.1+
- New feature: added a dynamic substitution for seconds
- New feature: added a dynamic substitution for a 2-digit year number
- Bug fix: fixed a crash on startup
- Bug fix: whitespace and new lines are now preserved on copied clippings
- Bug fix: fixed the selection highlight color in the dark theme
Version 220.127.116.11 (July 5, 2012)
- New feature: adjustable font size
- Bug fix: fixed crashes on Android 4.1
- Bug fix: fixed a crash on import/export on Android 2.1
- Bug fix: fixed a crash when going up in the clipping editor
- Bug fix: fixed the back button's stack when entering Clipper from the notification
Version 18.104.22.168 (May 18, 2012)
- Bug fix: fixed crash issues
- Bug fix: added support for the hardware search button
- Bug fix: fixed a typo
Version 22.214.171.124 (May 17, 2012)
- User interface: performance improvements
- Bug fix: the "hide icon" option will now be reset if the user has updated to Android 3.0+
- Bug fix: action bar improvements on Android 3.2 and below
- Bug fix: the pin option is now hidden in non-clipboard list multiple selection modes
- Bug fix: fixed blank clippings appearing after clipboard clear on Samsung devices
- Bug fix: the clipping context menu is now disabled while in multiple selection mode
- Bug fix: fixed a possible crash in clipping lists
- Bug fix: prevent the creation of lists with blank names
Version 126.96.36.199 (March 19, 2012)
- Bug fix: fixed a complicated context menu bug that would cause invalid data to show up in different options
Version 188.8.131.52 (March 18, 2012)
- New feature: import & export
- New feature: search (Clipper Plus only)
- User interface: improved action bar on Android 3.2 and below
- User interface: clearing the clipboard list will now also clear the actual clipboard
- User interface: the shortcut notification will now display different text if the clipboard is empty
- User interface: the clipping editor will now resize to make space for the soft keyboard like previously
- User interface: confirmation prompts when deleting clippings (can be disabled in the preferences)
- User interface: Finnish translation
- User interface: better experience for new users
- User interface: replaced all references to the Android Market with Google Play
- Bug fix: the Clipper service no longer starts on boot if it's disabled
- Bug fix: list name being cut off in the tab indicator (phone UI)
- Bug fix: fixed blinking background inside preferences on Android 2.3 and below
- Bug fix: fixed the clipping counter's background on some pixel densities
- Other: more improvements in Clipper 1.x migration functionality
Version 184.108.40.206 (February 29, 2012)
- Bug fix: (Android 2.3 and below) context menus when using the "lights off" option now show text in the right color
- Bug fix: the clipping contents are now scrollable
- Bug fix: the copy option in the clipping context menu would go to the viewer if the default click action was set to view
- Other: improvements in Clipper 1.x migration functionality, including error reporting
Version 220.127.116.11 (February 28, 2012)
- User interface: added a preference to use dark theme in the main window
- User interface: made the clipboard counter at the bottom of the screen smaller
- User interface: added a preference to hide the clipboard counter completely
- User interface: added a preference to hide the clipboard contents from being shown in the shortcut notification
- User interface: added a missing "move" option to the context menu for clippings
- User interface: readded the "clear" button for the clipboard list
- Monitoring: readded the "no duplicates" preference for clipboard monitoring
- Bug fix: fixed two possible crashes in 2.3 and below devices
- Bug fix: added a missing xhdpi density icon
- Bug fix: fixed "remember sort option" preference
- Bug fix: fixed possible issues with the menu buttons not being updated in the main window
- Bug fix: pins and pin options are no longer shown in non-clipboard lists
Version 18.104.22.168 (February 26, 2012)
- Bug fix: viewer contents are now linkified again
Version 2.0 (February 26, 2012)
Major new release.
A complete redesign of Clipper with full support for Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich devices (phones and tablets).
Version 22.214.171.124.3 (December 31, 2011)
- Bug fix: fixed two rare crash bugs
Version 126.96.36.199.2 (November 11, 2011)
- Bug fix: fixed a crash in the preferences dialog
Version 188.8.131.52.1 (August 20, 2011)
- Other: the editor no longer trims whitespace
- Other: a confusing version number
Version 184.108.40.206 (August 2, 2011)
- Bug fix: fixed a bug in clipping to snippet conversion that would set the new snippet's timestamp to January 1970
- Bug fix: fixed a bug in the notification bar entry that would disable the system bar menu button on Honeycomb devices
- Other: improvements in search dialog
Version 220.127.116.11 (May 28, 2011)
- Bug fix: fixed a rare crash bug
- Bug fix: fix in the e-mail subscription dialog
- Bug fix: fixes for notifications on Gingerbread devices
Version 1.2.5 (February 16, 2011)
- New feature: added a "bulk selection" mode for clippings/snippets where they can be deleted or pinned
- New feature: zero-padded "day of month" and "month" substitutions (Plus only)
- Bug fix: fixed a crash when changing the font size preference with Finnish as the language
- Bug fix: fixed some missing Finnish translations
- Bug fix: the "hide notification icon" feature will now show white text on Samsung phones
- Other: disabled SD card installation
- Other: added button to preferences screen to go through the intro tutorial again
Version 1.2.4 (January 30, 2011)
- New feature: added two buttons for moving snippets up or down (requires sorting by position) in the snippet context menu
- New feature: reorganized notification preferences, other cleanup in the preferences dialog
- New feature: a "don't save duplicate clippings" preference
- New feature: a "hide Clipper icon" preference for notifications
- New feature: a "don't open Clipper on save" preference for manual save notifications (Plus only)
- New feature: added textual "Date & Time" substitutions (Plus only)
- New feature: added a "day of week" substitution (Plus only)
- New feature: an easier to access "add substitution" button in the Editor (Plus only)
- New feature: automatic migration of Clipper data to Clipper Plus (Plus only)
- Bug fix/other: the "by contents & by title" sort options are now case-insensitive
- Bug fix: added some checks for very obscure import/export bugs caused by long-time installations
- Bug fix: if the user sets a prune count that is too high, it will be reset to 1000
- Other: the "clear all clippings" confirmation prompt is now less confusing
- Other: fixes for Android 3.0 beta
- Other: internal refactoring
Version 18.104.22.168 (December 29, 2010)
Revision 2 (December 31, 2010)
- Bug fix: fixed string escaping for CSV export
- Bug fix: disabled "add substitution" menu item in the clipping editor
- Bug fix: added zero padding to
- New feature: substitution triggers for snippets, that allow dynamic values to be inserted to snippets when they are copied. For example, one could construct a timestamp with substitutions like
%MONTH%. (Plus only)
- New feature: more font sizes for clippings
- Bug fix: added support for receiving streams through the Android sharing system
- Bug fix: fixed scrolling in the search (Plus only) window
- Bug fix: fixed tab title updating in the main view
- Bug fix: removed an extra comma from the Finnish translation.
- Other: slight UI changes in the editor & search results dialog
- Other: removed request for internet permission, optional e-mail newsletter subscription is now done in a way that does not require it
- Other: support for Android 2.3 overscroll effect in lists
Version 1.2.3 (November 14, 2010)
- Bug fix: fixed crash in the search results dialog when trying to access a deleted entry
- New feature: pin toggle in the viewer, and a new pin icon
- New feature: a soft "Search" button in the options menu (Plus only)
- New feature: date/time picker in the editor
- New feature: a preference to choose the default tab when opening Clipper
- Internal refactoring
- Performance improvements
1.2.2 (November 3, 2010)
- Bug fix: fixed "migration process" designed to preserve old clippings from 1.1.x
- New feature: the font size adjustment in preferences will now also change the font size of the clipping list
- New feature: a completely redesigned import & export system internally, will automatically detect old imports and convert them before importing
- New feature: "Ask before saving" - show a notification that prompts the user to save a new clipping instead of storing it automatically (Plus only)
1.2.1 (October 31, 2010)
Primarily a bug fix release.
- Bug fix: pinned clippings converted to snippets will no longer show the pin icon in the list or the viewer
- Bug fix: the clipboard monitor/notification icon background service will no longer run if not necessary
- Other fixes: improvements in the import & export dialog
- Other fixes: improvements in the Finnish translation
- Other fixes: improvements in pruning
- New feature: added a "click action" preference to choose what happens when a clip is clicked
- New feature: added a counter to the Clipboard tab
1.2 (October 29, 2010)
Major new release. (Release announcement)
- Added a new clip type called the snippet. Snippets are like clippings, but they have titles, and are never automatically deleted. Thus, they are permanent clippings.
- Huge overhaul of main window, clipping viewer and clipping editor.
- Clipper integration with Android send menu
- Improvements to automatic pruning
- Improved import & export feature
- Improvements to clipboard monitor that improve stability
- Other internal changes
- Split into free and paid version
1.1.11 (September 25, 2010)
- Fixed a bug where extra whitespace in a new clipping would cause duplicates to appear
- Finnish translation
1.1.10 (September 9, 2010)
- Added word & character counter to the clipping dialog
- Improvements on the clipboard monitoring service: if it has been stopped unexpectedly, it will be restarted when resuming Clipper
- Added new notification messages
- Minor fixes in the about dialog.
1.1.9 (June 13, 2010)
- Fixed a bug where the selected sort option would not be remembered when resuming the application
- Fixed a bug where starting Clipper with an empty clipboard would still add a clipping
1.1.8 (June 5, 2010)
- Improved clipboard monitoring: clippings should no longer get duplicated
- The last sort option will now be remembered when going back to Clipper (can be disabled in the preferences)
- Tiny fixes on high-density notification icon
- Other small fixes for different device resolutions
1.1.7 (May 25, 2010)
- Android 2.2 SD card installation support
- UI improvements
- Redesigned notification icon by Suguru Nishioka
1.1.6 (May 19, 2010)
- Ability to turn off deletion confirmation prompts
1.1.5 (May 13, 2010)
- The user interface changes introduced in the previous version can now be turned off
1.1.4 (May 5, 2010)
- Clipping list changes: a single tap will now copy and exit, a long tap will show more options
1.1.3 (April 30, 2010)
- UI improvements
- New launcher icon
1.1.2 (April 23, 2010)
- Clippings can now be sent using any Android application that supports "sending"
- Fixed localization issues on clipping timestamps
- Import & export (CSV)
1.1.1 (April 14, 2010)
- Fixed bug that disabled clipboard monitor from working when the service was initialized on an empty history
1.1 (April 11, 2010)
- Sort function in the main view: sort clippings by different attributes
- Context menu now shows "View" and "Edit" buttons
- Destructive actions now prompt confirmation
- Clear function asks whether the user wants to preserve pinned clippings
- Clipboard monitoring service will start on phone boot (if Clipper has been enabled from the preferences)
- Minor bug fixes
- Internal tweaks
1.0.5 (March 30, 2010)
- Notifications are now ongoing
- Copy counter on clippings
- UI improvements
1.0.4 (March 27, 2010)
- Bug fixes
1.0.3 (March 26, 2010)
- Notifications: the user can select to have a persistent notification as a shortcut, or a notification when a new clipping has been logged
- UI improvements
1.0.2 (March 22, 2010)
- Support for Android 1.5
- UI improvements
1.0.1 (March 21, 2010)
- Added the ability to "pin" clippings
- When viewing a clipping, links etc. are now linkified
- Fixed bug that causes crash when using back button in edit mode
1.0 (March 20, 2010)